It was mentioned in the previous section on the "Document Type" card you can also add attachments alongside reports. Below is how you can do this:
- Open the "Doc. Delivery Attachments" page
- Create a new line, providing a new Code and Description for the attachment you want to add to Business Central
- In the ribbon, select Import and choose the file you want to use as your Attachment
The Attachment Imported field will then be ticked once the file has been imported successfully. This can now be linked to your Document Type card.
On the "Document Type" card within the Attachments FastTab:
- Add a new line and Sequence No
- Set Attachment Type as 'Attachment' (rather than Report)
- Under Attachment Code, click the dropdown and select the attachment you require
The Attachment Name and Batch Attachment Name can be changed to be something other than the description given to the attachment code on creation. You can customise the Attachment Name to show a key detail about the document contents, for example the sales invoice number.