Once the setup of both Delivery Areas and Delivery Schedules has been completed then Delivery Area Schedules should be configured. A Delivery Area Schedule ties together both Delivery Areas and Delivery Schedules to define what dates a delivery can be made within the delivery area.
Delivery Area Schedules can be found by using the search to find the page or exploring the warehouse role centre to get to the page.
It is also possible to access the related Delivery Area Schedules from the Delivery Areas, Delivery Schedules, Shipping Agents and Shipping Agent Services pages by selecting the Delivery Area Schedules action from the ribbon:
On the Delivery Area Schedule page, you can assign Delivery Schedules to Delivery Areas:
Note: Depending on how you accessed the Delivery Schedule page it may be filtered. This could either be by Delivery Area Code, Delivery Schedule Code or Shipping Agent Code/Shipping Agent Service Code.
From this page entries should be created to define when deliveries are made to certain delivery areas. The page contains the following fields:
- Delivery Area Code - Select the delivery area assigned to the delivery schedule. Multiple areas can use the same schedule.
- Location Code - Select the warehouse location that will fulfil orders for this Delivery Area Code.
- Shipping Agent Code - Select the Shipping Agent that this Delivery Area Schedule will apply to.
- Shipping Agent Service Code - Select the Shipping Agent Service that this Delivery Area Schedule will apply to. The list for the Shipping Agent Service Code will only show those entries that are relevant to the selected Shipping Agent field.
- Delivery Schedule Code - Determines the date the user can give to the customer that they will deliver their order and collect their return. This is driven by:
- The delivery area that the order/collection falls into
- The location code that is handling the order
- The shipping agent that is handling the delivery.
- Default Vehicle - If using own logistics, this can optionally be used to specify a default Vehicle for the Delivery Area Schedule.
- Default Driver - If using own logistics, this can optionally be used to specify a default Driver for the Delivery Area Schedule.
Now when an order is created that meets the criteria of a Delivery Area Schedule, the order will be added to a Shipment Management Route.